Footsteps on the Moon: Looking Back and Dreaming Ahead
Celebrate the monumental success of the mission of Apollo 11 that placed humans on the surface of the Moon! Children will revisit that journey and begin dreaming about their own part in the future of space exploration! “A Universe of Stories”, past, present, and future awaits!
This program includes the following activities and others that address the Next Generation Science Standards:
- Make a straw rocket to learn about action/ reaction
- Make and test a model of the lunar module to ensure a soft landing
- Design a rover capable of surveying the surface of Mars
- Create a modular artificial habitat for the Moon and Mars
Presented by the Delaware AeroSpace Education Foundation (DASEF).
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- 10:30am - 11:30am
- Program Room
- Brandywine Hundred Public Library