Longwood Community Read Book Discussion
Enjoy a discussion of the 2019 Longwood Community Read for adults and teens, The Triumph of Seeds: How Grains, Nuts, Kernels, Pulses, & Pips Conquered the Plant Kingdom and Shaped Human History by Thor Hanson.
A limited number of copies of The Triumph of Seeds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at our Reference Desk (1st floor). Event regsitration is required to receive a free copy.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- William P. Bancroft Meeting Room
- Wilmington Public Library
The 2019 Longwood Community Read program explores the explosive power of a seed. Specifically, the program dives into themes and concepts relating to:
· The beginnings of plant life cycle
· Its essential role in human life
The following titles have been selected for this year's program:
· The Triumph of Seeds: How Grains, Nuts, Kernels, Pulses, & Pips Conquered the Plant Kingdom and Shaped Human History by Thor Hanson (for teens & adults)
· Seedfolks by Paul Fleischman (for middle grades)
· The Reason for a Flower by Ruth Heller (for K-3 )
Learn more on Longwood Gardens' website.